The More Organized, Dynamic and Direct Social Ads for SMEs?
We live in an age of accelerated technology, and we are going to let to know the well kept-secret. further, while most social sharing that still happening now, from the very first email sent from Switzerland in the year 1971 until the modernization of social communication and revolutionizing the medium of mouth to mouth marketing in this argument era among small and medium businesses across the world.
We all have seen this unparalleled growth in our capacity, While information and communication technology that has enabled greater access to people, including industries in the form of numerous success stories.
There could be a debate on how email, to be considered,
marked the beginning, certainly. it does qualify if we go by the simple definition of mass collaboration, whereas social media happens online in a conversation that is a collective mechanism and platform that offers much more collaborative social media years to witness.
There are about 3.8 billion individuals using social media today, way more than people, were on the entire planet in the year 1971.
For us 2020, and 3.8 billion is nearly half the earth population.
The powerful purpose of Internet communication is to let people connect, communicate, and collaborate through every blog that narrates stories, also websites and virtual companies in a place within it.
Although the modern version in this era, are much more sophisticated than telephone lines and radio signals, that has enabled humanity to communicate at a great distance, where something that humankind had ever experienced before.
It all started, after the invention of electronic communication, with such an explosion in popularity, from Friendster to Facebook and Linkedin to Tiktok, though platforms like MySpace and Linkedin gained prominence in the early 2000s, website such as Flicker and Photobucket facilitated online photo sharing, Still, this is not an accurate definition of social media, here we can argue that social media were nothing new until a cultural shift with a force to reckon the long-distance communication.
It was 2004, the introduction of Facebook as a website that would change online social interaction forever, by Mark Zuckerberg, with the help of his friends Andrew McCollum and Eduardo Saverin at a Harvard University campus.
By 2006, Facebook Inc and Twitter both became accessible to users across the world. and they remained and dominated the social networks on the Internet as the most famous other social media websites like Tumblr, Pinterest.
By 2010, social media networks gained 0.9 million users across the world, pre-year 2006 beginning of Youtube by former Paypal employee, a channel that allows users to share, upload and watch content online creating a unique way for people to communicate.
- Today on an average, people likely to spend 3H,40M time on mobile, and they share 50% content, whereas 21% from entertainment, 9% from Games and 19% from App
However, this research varies from country to country. The Philippines being the world’s most ‘social’ people, with the average 04Hrs spend per day on internet usage aged from 16 to 64 and on the other side, internet users in Japan spend an average of only 45 Min per day on social media.
Despite that fact, Facebook still dominates that world with more than 2.8 Billion users online. However, we have also witnessed the dark side of social media scandals like Cambridge Analytica, and the spread of fake news.
- The Big Data company, Produced an algorithm capable of physiologically profiling users from their Facebook to create microtargeted content.
Reference: ABC News – YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B2E1bKa3fs)
The Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal was a major scandal in early 2018 where Cambridge Analytica harvested the personal data of millions of people’s Facebook profiles without their consent and used it for political advertising. It has been described as a watershed moment in the public understanding of personal data and precipitated a 17% fall in Facebook’s share price and calls for tighter regulation of tech companies’ use of personal data.
For more please visit wikipedia Click Here
How We Concluded;
Quad Cubes is committed to developing appropriate techniques & gratifications models to study social media uses for SMEs and humanity.
It is equally important for us to understand that history of a phenomenon can be manipulated. At first glance, Social Media comes across as novelty.
In an industry context, social media plays a marketing and communications role with brands using it to communicate with its consumers for marketing products, brand awareness, and online reputation management and influence authority in their respective fields.
Here are some of the crucial social media stats that every marketer should make a note for the year 2020.
Facebook Statistics 2020;
According to research led by the Dubai School Governance Innovation program, the penetration of social networking and Web 2.0 technologies is rising demographically in the Arab region, the Arab region is a youthful one, where youth between at the ages of 15 and 29 make up around one-third of the population in the region. With the exponential growth of online social network particularly among this middle east demographic, they develop and support making an active citizen, potential entrepreneurs and part of the government and private sector workforce and well being of the country, it is argued that social media network tools have the potential to improve citizen engagement in the region, and to promote social inclusion and equally creating opportunities for employment, entrepreneurship, as well as the development.
- 89% of marketers use Facebook in their brand marketing efforts.
- 83% of surveyed consumers use the platform.
- 66% say they Like or Follow a brand on the platform.
- By the third quarter of 2019, the platform had attracted 2.5 million monthly active users.
- Live video is becoming a vital tool for social marketers, and 42% of them have already developed a strategy for Facebook Live.
- From posting a median of 0.97 posts per day, brands are seeing a median engagement rate of 0.09% on the platform across all industries.
- Along with its growing user base, the platform also sees an increase in revenue. It generated $17.65 billion in total revenue in the third quarter of 2019.
- Out of this, a majority came from advertising. This isn’t too surprising considering how Facebook had over 7 million advertisers during Q3 of 2019.
- Facebook use among U.S. marketers is on a slight increase from 86.3% in 2018 to 86.8% in 2019. This number will likely reach 87.1% in 2020.
Instagram Statistics 2020;
Owned by Facebook.inc, A platform with a database of more than 110 million posts online, According to Later, 81% of businesses see engagement rate as an important metric against campaign success: on an average Instagram post also receives a lot of likes and engagement for high-quality content.
- Instagram now has over 1 billion monthly active users–a 42.86% increase from 2017 when it had 700 million. That’s a lot of growth in just two years.
- Among these users, 90% follow a business on the platform, suggesting that Instagram users are keen on hearing from and about brands.
- The platform also takes the cake when it comes to engagement. Brands are driving a median engagement of 1.60% across all industries on Instagram.
- Instagram continues to be the most popular influencer marketing 89% of marketers in a Mediakix survey say that it’s the most important social media platform for influencer marketing.
- 78% say that Instagram posts are the most effective content format for influencer marketing, while 73% say the same about Instagram Stories.
- Instagram profiles saw a follower growth rate of 9.4%–16% during the first half of 2019.
- Considering these factors, it’s not too much of a surprise that the platform is seeing an upward trend in ad revenue–jumping from $23.66 billion in 2018 to $28.52 billion in 2019. According to projections, Instagram will likely net $33.71 billion in ad revenue during 2020.
- Instagram is also the only platform where there’s a significant increase in usage by U.S marketers. The number jumped from 69.2% in 2018 to 73.2% in 2019, with the possibility of reaching 75.3% in 2020.
- The video seems to perform much better on the platform, seeing 49% higher interactions than image posts.
Twitter Statistics 2020;
Right after Facebook, Twitter has experienced expansive growth, among celebrities, notable leaders, influencers and this platform are growing mountain of media memes and blog coverage for individuals.
- As of Q1 2019, Twitter has about 330 million active users worldwide.
- 79% of Twitter users like to discover what’s new, making it the top platform for discovery.
- People are also 26% more likely to view ads on the platform than on any other leading platform.
- Brands send out a median of 0.86 tweets per day, for which they see a median engagement of 0.048%.
- Twitter saw a 9% year-on-year increase in revenue for Q3 of 2019 with $824 million.
- Its domestic (U.S) revenue experienced a higher-than-usual growth of 24%, while its international income grew by 12%.
Pinterest Statistics 2020;
This platform has attained 48.7 unique million users worldwide,
With such a stupendous growth among social networks makes it interesting also rises to multiple questions about its users and type of content, there are about large scale crawls of 3.3 million user profiles, and 58.8 million pins currently on Pinterest, In specific, this platform offers various attributes of users, pins, boards, pin sources, and user locations, in detail and performed a topical analysis of user-generated textual content.
Here are a few relevant social media statistics if you’re using Pinterest to market your brand:
- Pinterest has 300 million Global Monthly Active Users (MAUs).
- These users are highly active on the platform and have saved more than 200 billion Pins in total.
- 77% of weekly Pinners have discovered a new brand or product on the platform.
- 98% report trying new things they find on Pinterest.
- 83% of weekly Pinners have made a purchase based on the content they saw from brands on Pinterest.
- The platform sees a 30% year-over-year increase in monthly active users.
- During Q2 of 2019, Pinterest saw a 62% year-over-year increase in revenue, earning $261 million.
LinkedIn Statistics 2020;
A unique of its niche, B2B marketing platform with a 24% growth in Q2, 2020. (Surveyed by Microsoft), continues to grow among entrepreneurs, marketers, employees and global leaders.
A platform for work or personal use, stats no brainer or no go for brands with hard facts, high-level trajectory, and trends in the industry and currently with 675 million monthly users, and 57% of the user being men, followed by 43% women with 30million companies registered, sponsoring Inmail with 52% open rate with a capability to reach 12% of LinkedIn Ads worldwide.
Check out these fresh social media stats if you’re going to include LinkedIn in your marketing mix:
- The platform currently has over 660 million registered users, with 303 million of them being active every month.
- 90 million of these users are senior-level influencers, and 63 million are in decision-making positions.
- LinkedIn has proven to be an effective platform for lead generation and customer acquisition. It’s 277% more effective than Facebook in generating leads.
- 45% of marketers have also gained customers through the platform.
- 65% of B2B companies have used LinkedIn paid ads to acquire customers.
- 95% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic content marketing, making it the top-rated social media platform.
- It’s also the top-rated paid social media platform, with 76% of B2B content marketers using it.
- Naturally, the platform is seeing an upward trend in its revenue. While it generated $5.2 billion in revenue in 2018, the number went up to $6.7 billion in 2019.
Advertisements & Campaigns :
Although the majority organization prefers organic growth, that is well defined and strives for, changes in social media algorithms due to dark effect has enforced social networking companies to adapt to a much more challenging mechanism.
Paid ads have become somewhat of a necessity due to a greater rate of content flow, rather than an option, for industries that require to gain more visibility, and grow. their social marketing efforts have fueled advertising statistics, amounting to an $89 billion spent in 2019 for overall advertisement, with such projections, we are expected to see an annual growth rate of 8.7% and possibly $102 billion by 2020.
Mobile users contributing the majority of social advertising revenue, rising from $13.49 in 2018 to $15.40 in 2019. In 2020, advertisers will likely spend a 09% hike making 16.85 per mobile user.
There’s a significant increase in the adoption of the digital era as compared to previous years and likely marketers are increasing their digital budgets by 25% year-over-year.
Overall, GlobalWebIndex states that search engines are being the primary source of discovery for new brands and products, maybe insignificantly ahead of television adverts. However, millennials users are more likely to turn to social media channels when they’re actively accessing and researching brands and products.
About Our Story;
As a creative marketing and advertisement agency based in Kozhikode, Kerala, we decided to write an article about The more organized, dynamic and direct social ads for SMEs to open choices to corporate and business owners for better rewarding for brands despite the challenges it brings.
Most importantly, We understand brands need to align their business strategy to appeal to an conscious manner to consumer as social and political responsibility to seems like a huge influencing factor in purchase decisions that builds a brand loyalty.
To give you a bit added context about our digital efforts, here’s an outline of how we are different:
- Leading-edge Technology
- Reliable partner
- experience with innovative brand
- Full fledge digital team
- Supported with valuable industry insights
For more information about our findings, media requests, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org